Saturday, July 23, 2016

*Review*
"The Breakfast Club"

Iconic...epic...often misunderstood.
*

 The Breakfast Club
~Released: February 15th, 1985

~Director & Writer: John Hughes

~Genres: Comedy, Drama



Five high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought.

 trailer



 Parents Guide

Rated R

Contains sexual references and discussions from adolescents.
Boy looks up a girl's skirt, and we see her panties.
Two characters fight several times.
Several characters are shown smoking.
Language is mildly course; F-word is used several times.



To be quite honest, this movie has been over my head for most of the times I've watched it.  It hasn't been until I've grown up a bit, that I'm able to appreciate the depth of it.

The first several times I watched it, I thought it was completely random, disjointed, and confused.  One minute, they're all happy and dancing on the banisters, then the next scene, they're yelling at each other and crying, telling each other to F off.  The pendulum swinging of emotion between each scene had me confused, and I admit, most of the time, I just pulled myself out of the movie-watching experience, and didn't pay much attention.

Recently, I've tried watching it again, and actually paying attention.  The result - wow.  This is such a deep movie, with so many layers, character insights, and cultural insights.  I've always loved the ending, and after watching it with a deeper mindset, I love it even more now.

This truly is an epic film, and one I look forward to watching again and again.  Now I get why it's a classic, and a favorite for many people.  It's one of mine now, and I'm glad I gave it another chance.  I would recommend it to anyone, especially if you haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for visiting!
Be sure to let us know what you think, and if you plan to watch it!
If you already have, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Let us know what you think! =D